Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sky Ranch

The trip wasn't so exciting but it was worth it when we got there. On the way to Sky Ranch I sat with my friend Bailey and on the way back I sat with my mom.Bailey and I talked, ate some candy,and played car games. My whole class was mad because we thought they would play movies and didn't.


Our expeditions class was so much fun! We
got to see cool animals sometimes we got to touch them and learned different facts about them then learned about their purpose (niche). One of my favorite animals there was a bearded dragon named Benny. Benny was doing whatever he could to get attention!


We traveled back in time and met the Shakawa tribe and learned how to make corn cakes and fire and how to shoot bow and arrows. They wore three different color paint on their face red,yellow, and blue.And here's what they meant,BLUE-Compassion RED-StrengthYELLOW- wisdom. My favorite part was painting my face and getting my name, Heart Of A Lion.


My mom got to come to camp with me, and I'm so glad she did! It was cool always having her to talk to every time something good or something bad happend. And it was nice having her for money too.So glad she got to come!


We all got to go around a trail on horses! My horses name was Hoss. He was fun and he listened so well it was easy. After that we got to learn about some animals and pet all of them except for Tina the Lama. but I'm glad cause she spit on some of the kids!


We all got to perform skits in front of the school. For our skit Mrs.Worley said that she found two caterpillars in the cabin that could do tricks so we showed the audience some of our tricks. After that Mrs.Worley said the only thing I can't train them to do is potty train them and two people from the caterpillar squirted the audience with water! It was very funny to watch.

On the last night Mrs.Segars and Mrs.Ivie came on our cabin and sprayed all of us! It was fun getting sprayed but it wasn't fun cleaning up.
Rachel and I have become really close friends this past year and we were together at camp about ALL the time, and it was fun being partners.

On the last day it was really cold,wet,very muddy, and just miserable!
Emmy has been my best fiend forever and it was awesome having her at camp!

1 comment:

Mimi Martin said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome time at Sky Ranch! You're so cool.